Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Streetjam OTA NEO ZEON Build Up

Okay!

Its time to share my Streetjam OTA NEO ZEON Build Up!

I actually wanted to get one since long time ago but since steering angle is limited on previous Zeon Generations, I slowly avoid getting one.

But now, the 3rd Gen Zeon (OTA NEO ZEON) already came with R31 suspensions, and front 1 way.
There are still drawbacks though, I still have to fit Yokomo MR4TC Countersteer Gears and modify the steering crank mechanism to get that trademark R31 steering angle.

Well enough talk! here are the pictures!

The box size is exactly the same as OTA-R3R. The design is also similar but Zeon Mark III (Neo Zeon) writings are in Red


The box itself is quite packed. it came with wheels and Streetjam Ultra Hard Tires also


Here are the part bags



Okay now lets move on the build up (I'm just gonna let the pictures do the talking now..)

Front 1 way





Front Bulkhead



Rear Bulkhead equipped with Yokomo 1.8 cs gears. Might swap to 2.0 depending on surfaces Im playing


Front and Rear bulkheads are exactly the same. Its just that the rear one is fitted with yokomo cs gear


Carbon parts that came with the kit has a slight red color on it.


Assembling the floating motor mount and front bulkhead


Assembling the deck brace, this aluminum deck brace was a hop up for previous generation of zeon, but now its included in NEO ZEON


Assembling the rear bulkhead


Assembling the steering crank and brackets (including lower arms). oh by the way, the kit comes with 73t spur gear. I use 77t spur gear from Yokomo DRB and grind the openings a little bit on the lower deck for clearance.

I don not know why, but this is my favorit part of any zeon. The rear mutiple brace. For Neo Zeon case, its also floating like the motormount.

looks like this when finished. Love it!


Battery holder installed, the lower deck has 2 choices for the batt holder. I choose to place the battery a bit forward.


Almost done...

Somehow, I got to excited working on this kit I totally forgot to take pictures...

but I did took more pictures of the finished kit.

here it is!



Btw, the wheels included in the kit is not this one in the pictures. These are Kazama M11X wheels.






very low center of gravity



to me, this thing is the sexiest looking Shaft Drive Drift kit.


Oh about the steering.. heres the mod I did. Its now adjustable ackerman with full lock capability.




So this kit will accompany my other kit (Yokomo DRB Overdose) from now on.

Here are the electronics I use for this kit:

Keyence Tachyon
Keyence Luxon KG 7.5t
Sanwa SRG-BL low profile
M11X Tx & 451x Rx

FDR is exactly 7
CS Ratio is 1.82

Well thats it! I hope you enjoy this submission.

Later! 




3 comments:

  1. this is the sexiest shaft driven drift car. Ever!
    Love it. I have the same engine(keyence).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have same electronics except your esc. I use hw 2,1. Selling my dib this friday and will order a zeon kit and 1,8 cs kit. Thanks for awesome info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have a question: What shaft do you use for the rear gear box to fit that yok dp 1.8cs gear? Pls reply here or email me at boyna13@yahoo.com, thanks!

    ReplyDelete